2. HBCU’s nurture us, and prepare young people to compete in the corporate world. If you haven’t heard African American women are amongst the top graduates, and top educated group in the country.
All we need is for black men to follow suit and we will be unstoppable.
Speaking from experience, there is no substitute for the black college experience.
3. From the culture, to the brotherhood and sisterhood Greek life provides, to the pride it instills in anyone who is a product of an HBCU- I’m telling you, the experience is priceless!
There will be times when you will feel hopeless, while sitting in financial aid and they are telling you there is nothing they can do to help cover your tuition cost, or when you are stuck with a roommate from hell for the entire semester- trust me I’ve been down that road one time too many.
But look at the bright side, these situations always make for the best stories.
4. The quality of education is unmatched. The classes offered are diverse and culturally
relevant, plus there’s no better feeling than chilling on the yard on a random Friday
afternoon, music blasting, no classes, and everyone is dressed to impress.
5. Not to mention the class sizes are much smaller than at PWI’s so in turn you truly get
personalized attention from professors. They know you by name and they are usually willing to help in any way they can to see you succeed.
Think about some of the brightest pioneers, actors, activist, entrepreneurs– majority have gone to, and graduated from an HBCU.
There is no secret that when you give blacks lemons they will make lemonade AND lemon cake.
I don’t know if I would be who I am today had I not attended an HBCU.
6. With the right tools, and the right school you will be prepared for life after college, you will build character, and simply enjoy a time in your life that is supposed to be filled with positive memories that will last a life time!